Our Member Colleges and Universities
The VFIC is a consortium of 15 traditional independent liberal arts colleges in Virginia. These remarkable institutions, educating over 22,000 under-graduates each year, provide small classes, low student-faculty ratios, personal attention to students, and a time-tested liberal arts experience — important and distinctive options compared to large public universities.
VFIC Colleges and Universities include:
- Three of the 25 oldest colleges and universities in the United States
- Phi Beta Kappa chapters at 9 VFIC institutions
- Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) for all 15 VFIC colleges and universities.
VFIC Member College and University Websites
The fifteen independent colleges and universities are spread throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Each has its own unique mission, but all share a common goal of preparing students from Virginia and other states to be tomorrow’s leaders. Use our map or the links below to visit their respective websites.
1. Bridgewater College
2. Emory & Henry College
3. Hampden-Sydney College
4. Hollins University
5. Mary Baldwin University
6. Marymount University
7. Randolph College
8. Randolph-Macon College
9. Roanoke College
10. Shenandoah University
11. Sweet Briar College
12. University of Lynchburg
13. University of Richmond
14. Virginia Wesleyan University
15. Washington and Lee University